Brake Safety Week, run by the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA), is from September 11 to 17. During this week, law enforcement agencies across the country will be conducting inspections on large trucks and buses to make sure that the brakes are in good condition. They’ll be checking for brakes that need adjustment as well as brake-system and anti-lock braking system (ABS) violations. Make sure that you’re staying safe and don’t get caught with subpar brakes! Here are a few tips to make sure your freightliner is up to snuff.
What to Check for Optimal Brake Safety
During Brake Safety Week, inspectors will be looking for specific things. Here are what they’ll be checking and what you can do now to make sure you make the grade.
- Loose or missing parts. Do you notice any strange noises when braking or does your truck otherwise not seem to brake properly? You may be missing some parts or have some loose parts. If it’s been over 15,000 miles since your last service, make some time to bring your truck into Baltimore Freightliner for some brake maintenance.
- Air or hydraulic fluid leaks. At best, you can be losing money on fluid top-ups if you have a hydraulic fluid leak, and at worst, you can be putting yourself and others in danger.
- Worn linings, pads, drums, or rotors. Any of these parts that are worn affect your ability to brake and can especially put a heavy vehicle at risk of an accident. If your freightliner is making any scraping or other strange noises when you brake, then you may need something replaced.
- ABS malfunction indicator lamps. Is your ABS light on? Come in to see us.
- Other faulty brake-system components. There may be other components of your brake system that are not working correctly or optimally. If it has been a while since your last service, or if you suspect that your brakes aren’t working properly, then it’s safest to schedule an appointment for service.
Get In Touch With Baltimore Freightliner Western Star Today
If you’re in the trucking business or are looking to discover more about commercial truck sales, call on Baltimore Freightliner-Western Star. You can call toll-free at 800-832-7278 or locally at 410-685-4474 or email us your questions and concerns at email@example.com. Does your truck need repair, maintenance, or service? Contact our service manager, Jessica Levine, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Since 1986, Baltimore Freightliner-Western Star has provided top quality service for the trucking industry. Whether you need to purchase specialized truck parts from our expansive inventory, grow your fleet with our selection of top-tier trucks, or have your company’s trucks serviced or repaired, Baltimore Freightliner-Western Star is the best choice in trucking.
Become one of our many satisfied customers today!